- 20 Spears Asparagus, trimmed (peeled if large)
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup walnut oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh raspberries and toasted walnuts for garnish
- Blanch prepared asparagus spears in boiling water until just tender. Drain and “shock” in ice water. Drain again and pat dry.
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the vinegar and Dijon mustard. While whisking constantly, slowly add the oil in a steady stream. Continue to whisk until the vinaigrette has emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the asparagus with just enough of the vinaigrette to coat. Reheat and divide evenly among four plates. Garnish and serve.
When you are ready to plate: on the top half of the plate, lay the chopped toasted walnuts so that the asparagus tips lye on top of them, place the apple stuffing on the stems and middle of the spears and place the pork chop on top of the middle of the asparagus spears, letting the stuffing support the chop. Place the Au gratin potatoes in the center of the bottom half of the plate. Sauce the chop.